Programme Manager for Berlin’s Music Business Conference
Most Wanted: Music (m/f/d) (Event Management) – freelance
About Most Wanted: Music
Most Wanted: Music (MW:M) is the most important music business conference in Berlin and a rising European hotspot event for music and creative industry professionals worldwide. It is run by the Berlin Music Commission, the music industry network of Berlin.
Most Wanted: Music aims to start building the music and creative industries of tomorrow, where collaboration is not merely about working together but creating new with modern goals and rallying around a new ethos.
MW:M’s key objectives are: enabling practical know-how transfer, fostering networking and exchange and inspiring new ideas and business models.
Offering a wide range of inspiring keynotes, interviews and debates, hands-on workshops and matchmaking events, MW:M covers the most current and relevant questions of today’s music, tech and creative industries in order to bring direct value to creators and music businesses.
The motto of this year’s Most Wanted: Music is “CHANGE”. Change as a collaborative activity, a design challenge and a diverse bunch of opportunities. Covid19 accelerates what we all felt for a while: change is all around us, it is right now. Change, we believe, is good. And this post-change industry offers the chance to expedite problems and answer questions that have hung around for a while.
So the important question we aim to answer at MW:M 2021 is not simply: What are the current changes, but to remove confusion, experience and explain: where do I fit into this new world?
How does all this new stuff work? and what should I do next?
MW:M21 will take place from 26th – 28th of October as a hybrid event – online, and on-site in Berlin, in compliance with all distancing and hygiene legislation, at Berlin’s famous Kulturbrauerei. The programme includes interactive talks, interviews and workshops with experts and artists from all over the world, experimental networking formats, live performances and a virtual after-show party.
The conference called MW:M Convention is accompanied by the listen to berlin: Awards, the awards for remarkable achievements in the Berlin music scene, and MW:M Live, Berlin’s new international showcase event, as well as the MW:M Satellites, a broad variety of partner events distributed around the entire city of Berlin, all integrated in our virtual event platform.
The MW:M programme team brings the most relevant and inspiring people and topics to stage.
Your role as a Programme Manager will be to:
- Support the Head of Programme with curatorial and organizational work
- Develop ideas for new, innovative conference topics and formats
- Research, approach and convince the most renowned experts, progressive entrepreneurs and innovative artists that identify with the 2021 programme scheme and the main topic “change” to participate in Most Wanted: Music 2021
- Evaluate external speaker, topic and format ideas from the call for participation
- Discuss all internal and external proposals within the team and fill the programme with consistent, fresh and inspiring topics and formats,
- Implement and execute sessions together with event production, satellite, marketing team and help to communicate them to our attendees
- Support the implementation of the agreed programme ideas of external content partners such as sponsors in the conference,
- Assist the Head of Programme with planning and preparing the operational execution of the conference programme (digitally and analogue), including the preparation of a strong agenda and detailed cue sheets,
- Select, approach and brief moderators for individual sessions as well as for entire stages.
- Take responsibility for looking after the speakers, moderators and programme partners, including
- detailed discussions on the content and format of the individual sessions/talks,
- collecting the necessary information on people and their content for external communication (marketing) as specified,
- do organizational and technical briefings of speakers and moderators in preparation for the conference,
- personal speaker support before, during and after the event,
- possibly support speakers in planning their journey to the event,
- Communication with other project teams such as marketing, partner management/sponsoring, attendee support and technical event production, etc.
- You provide good knowledge in the European and international music, tech and creative industries and are well aware of its current changes and challenges.
- You are well connected within the music industries and are familiar with its relevant ecosystems and latest trends.
- You are passionate about creative markets and marketing, you think outside the box when it comes to developing interesting topics and formats for the conference and you go the extra mile for high profile stories and speakers.
- You are well organized, quality-oriented and able to react quickly to unpredicted changes.
- You are resilient and you can keep calm in a fast-pace and sometimes challenging event environment.
- You are a team player and an excellent communicator both internally within the team as well as externally towards speakers and other partners.
- You are in full command of English language and have business-fluent German skills both verbally and written.
Our offer to you
- A professional working environment,
- A highly qualified, experienced and motivated team,
- Short communication channels and flat hierarchies,
- Flexible working hours and locations,
- The freedom to creatively define and develop programme content and conference settings and to shape one of the most relevant music business events,
- A vast and vibrant network within the international music scene,
- New personal insights and a steep learning curve, guaranteed by a great team of music and event professionals.
- You will learn how to realize highly innovative virtual and hybrid events,
- A competitive compensation with the potential to grow.
Work load: 150-200h
Duration: Preferably from mid June until mid/end of November 2021. The job would preferably continue in the upcoming years.
Payment: According to your personal conditions and qualification on a freelance basis.
Please send us your application including cover letter and CV via e-mail to email@example.com.
Please indicate your favoured compensation (rate per hour).
Applications of people with an international background who fulfil the requirements of the vacancy are specifically welcome. Recognized severely disabled or handicapped persons or people who are treated as equal are preferably considered given the same suitability. If applicable, please point out a severe disability already in the application. Applications of women/non-cis male applicants are specifically welcome and will be preferred.
Berlin Music Commission e.G.