Marketing Manager for Berlin’s Music Business Conference
Most Wanted: Music (m/f/d) (Marketing, PR, Social Media Marketing) – freelance
About Most Wanted: Music
Most Wanted: Music (MW:M) is the most important music business conference in Berlin and a rising European hotspot event for music and creative industry professionals worldwide. It is run by the Berlin Music Commission, the music industry network of Berlin.
Most Wanted: Music aims to start building the music and creative industries of tomorrow, where collaboration is not merely about working together but creating new with modern goals and rallying around a new ethos.
MW:M’s key objectives are: enabling practical know-how transfer, fostering networking and exchange and inspiring new ideas and business models.
Offering a wide range of inspiring keynotes, interviews and debates, hands-on workshops and matchmaking events, MW:M covers the most current and relevant questions of today’s music, tech and creative industries in order to bring direct value to creators and music businesses.
MW:M21 will take place as a hybrid event – online, and onsite in Berlin, in compliance with all distancing and hygiene legislation. The programme includes interactive talks, interviews and workshops with experts and artists from all over the world, experimental networking formats, live performances and a virtual after-show party.
The conference called MW:M Convention is accompanied by the listen to berlin: Awards, the awards for remarkable achievements in the Berlin music scene, and MW:M Live, Berlin’s new international showcase event, as well as the MW:M Satellites, a broad variety of partner events distributed around the entire city of Berlin, all integrated in our virtual event platform.
The MW:M marketing team communicates the inspiring programme and the business value of Most Wanted: Music to the outside world. It gains attention and attracts attendees, viewers and partners to participate in the event.
Your role as a Marketing Manager will be to:
- Analyse the structure and needs of our target groups and know how to target and tie
- Execute and monitor creative marketing, PR and social media campaigns.
- Plan and create diverse media content for all communication and advertising purposes,
- Run and monitor digital and analogue marketing, PR and social media marketing
- Work closely with other teams such as programme, partnerships and event
- Add your personal part to the overall success of Most Wanted: Music 2021.
- You have at least 3 years of marketing experience.
- You are passionate about creative markets and marketing.
- You provide basic knowledge in the music, tech and creative industries and are aware of its current changes and challenges.
- You have expertise in all relevant marketing areas and you are able to think across channels.
- You think outside the box when it comes to developing new stories around our interesting speakers, topics and event formats.
- You go the extra mile to get prominent placements in relevant media outlets.
- You are result oriented and don’t get lost in the details of your daily operational tasks.
- You have a DIY mentality, you are hands-on and you don’t mind to keep on following up until you received an appropriate reaction to your requests.
- You excel in being a sales person.
- You are well organized, quality-oriented and able to react quickly to unpredicted changes.
- You can keep calm in a fast-pace and sometimes stressful event environment.
- You are a team player and an excellent communicator both internally within the team as well as externally towards media, speakers, sponsors and other partners.
- You are in full command of German language and have business-fluent English skills.
Would be a plus
- You have basic event management experience and you know the processes and requirements of B2B events and it’s target groups.
- You are experienced with digital content production.
- You have strong personal contacts to music and music business related media outlets.
Our offer to you
- A professional working environment,
- A highly qualified, experienced and motivated team,
- Short communication channels and flat hierarchies.
- Flexible working hours and locations,
- A vast and vibrant network within the international music scene,
- You will learn how to realize highly innovative virtual and hybrid events,
- A competitive compensation with the potential to grow.
Work load: approx. 200 working hours
Duration: Preferably immediately until mid/end of November 2021.
Payment: According to your personal conditions and qualification on a freelance basis.
Please send us your application including cover letter and CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your favoured compensation (rate per hour).
Applications of people with an international background who fulfil the requirements of the vacancy are specifically welcome. Recognized severely disabled or handicapped persons or people who are treated as equal are preferably considered given the same suitability. If applicable, please point out a severe disability already in the application. Applications of women/non-cis male applicants are specifically welcome and will be preferred.
Berlin Music Commission e.G.