News | MW:M22
By BMC Account/
Most Wanted: Head of Marketing (freelance)
About Most Wanted: Music Started in 2014, Most Wanted: Music (MW:M) has become the most important music business conference in Berlin and a rising European hotspot event for music and creative industry professionals worldwide. It is run by the Berlin Music Commission, the music industry network of Berlin. Most Wanted: Music aims to start building the music and creative industries of tomorrow, where collaboration is not merely about working together but creating new with modern goals and rallying around a new ethos. MW:M’s key objectives are: enabling practical know-how transfer, fostering networking and exchange and inspiring new ideas and business models. Offering a wide range of inspiring keynotes, interviews and debates, hands-on workshops and matchmaking events, MW:M covers the most current and relevant questions of today’s music, tech and creative industries in order to bring direct value to creators and music businesses. MW:M22 will take place as a hybrid event – online, and onsite in Berlin. The programme includes interactive talks, interviews and workshops with industry experts and well-known artists from all over the world, experimental networking formats as well as live performances of exciting up-and-coming newcomer artists. The conference called MW:M Convention is accompanied by the listen to berlin: Awards, the awards for remarkable achievements in the Berlin music scene, and MW:M Live, Berlin’s new international showcase event, and the MW:M Satellites, a broad variety of partner events distributed around the entire city of Berlin, all integrated in our virtual event platform. Your tasks The MW:M marketing team communicates the inspiring programme and the business value of Most Wanted: Music to the outside world. It gains attention and attracts attendees, viewers and partners to participate in the event. Your role as a Head of Marketing will be to:
- Help to continuously re-define the brand identity of Most Wanted: Music and our offers according to the needs of our participants and the developments in our constantly changing business environment,
- Analyse the structure and needs of our target groups and know how to target and tie them,
- Use data to verify intuitive evaluations,
- Plan the strategic direction of all marketing activities,
- Create exciting and inspiring stories around our events and the topics and people that make up our programme,
- Plan creative marketing, PR and social media campaigns and implement, execute and monitor them operationally,
- Create or have created media content for all communication and advertising purposes and guide a team of freelance copywriters, graphic designers, music producers and video editors,
- Run and monitor digital and analogue marketing, PR and social media marketing campaigns yourself plus supervise additional external PR and social media marketing managers,
- Optimize our search engine results (SEO/SEM),
- Help to increase the number of attendees,
- Expand our communicative reach across all channels,
- Considerably drive ticket sales for our events,
- Be responsible for a dedicated marketing budget,
- Work closely with other teams such as programme, partnerships and digital and analogue event management,
- Control the results of our marketing campaigns and report to project management,
- Add your personal big part to the overall success of Most Wanted: Music 2022.
- You have several years of marketing experience.
- You are passionate about creative markets and marketing.
- You provide knowledge in the European and international music, tech and creative industries and are well aware of its current changes and challenges.
- You are well connected within the music and creative industries and its media partners and are familiar with its relevant ecosystems and latest trends.
- You have proven expertise in all relevant marketing areas and you are able to think across channels.
- You think outside the box when it comes to developing new stories around our interesting speakers, topics and event formats
- You go the extra mile to get prominent placements in media outlets that have the highest reach and the best fitting target groups.
- You are result oriented and don’t get lost in the details of your daily operational tasks.
- You have a DIY mentality nevertheless and you are hands-on and you don’t mind to keep on following up until you received an appropriate reaction to your requests.
- You excel in being a sales person.
- You always question the ROI of your activities.
- You provide proven project management skills.
- You are well organized, quality-oriented and able to react quickly to unpredicted changes.
- You have resilience and you can keep calm in a fast-pace and sometimes stressful event environment.
- You are a team player and an excellent communicator both internally within the team as well as externally towards media, speakers, sponsors and other partners.
- You are in full command of German language and have business-fluent English skills both verbally and in writing.
- You have event management experience and you know the processes and requirements of B2B events and its target groups.
- You are experienced with digital content production.
- You have strong personal contacts to music and music business related media outlets.
- You have experience in leading a team of internal and external team members.
- A professional working environment,
- A highly qualified, experienced and motivated team,
- Short communication channels and flat hierarchies.
- Flexible working hours and locations,
- The chance to realize your own ideas and to shape one of the most relevant music business events,
- A vast and vibrant network within the international music scene,
- New personal insights and a steep learning curve, guaranteed by a great team of music and event professionals,
- You will learn how to realize highly innovative virtual and hybrid events,
- A competitive compensation with the potential to grow.